A subject I enjoy (and I suffer)


Resultado de imagen para frank gehry los simpsonsHi, today I´m talking about a subject that I like (and with which I also suffer a lot).  Workshop is a very important subject in the architecture career, and also difficult by the requirement that entails, beside the time what you need (which is a lot) in doing very detailed work. The time you need is not proportional to what you should do, so you (in most cases) do not sleep in last night, or as we call it “pasar de largo”. In this way, one manages to do everything. What they always ask for are analysis of places, and architectural proposals that you can do there, all that in sheets and models.


In my experience, workshop teachers do not teach you directly, and is a relation very strange. From the beginning, they are very critical of your work, and of course, they tell you what you should take to the assessments (for us they are called “entregas”), but their way of teaching is to learn alone. At the beginning, no one understands anything, and “entregas” are massacres, but after, you understand with the corrections that make you the teachers. When that little moment arrives you feel very happy and you find sense to everything but then you go wrong and it's all sad haha. I like that experience of expressing my ideas in a model and in sheets, to understand new things all the time, analyze places, and think what could be better there. I like that everything is always something new. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares